Can you PM me the auctions # or the sellers username and I'll take a look? Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Josefina is the only one who has had a piano. I am just asking, cause there is an ebay item that says there is an AG piano and it doesn't look like Josefina's piano. Now I am certain in my mind that there has only been Josefina's piano, but anyone want to lend some more insight... Maybe we can inform the seller of the inaccuracy.
Can you PM me the auctions # or the sellers username and I'll take a look? Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
they made the sparkle keyboard.
I found the auction. The seller says there is an American Girl sticker on the piano and that it was made in China. That doesn't make it an AG piano, which it definitely isn't. The only piano AG ever made was for Josefina and this one doesn't remotely ressemble that. I wondered for a moment if it might be the piano done for the Life of Faith line but I compared the two and it isn't that either. Looks like it's just a counterfeit. Of course, the seller may be completely unaware of that.
Just wanted to add, this is for a doll-size grand piano, nothing like the sparkle keyboard.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 07:41 PM: Message edited by: auri ]</font>
I just emailed the seller - this is what I said:
"Are you the original owner of this piano? I am an adult collector of dolls and accessories from American Girl/Pleasant Company; and after checking all my collectors' guides and sources (catalogs going back to the beginning of the company), I can find no mention anywhere of the piano in your auction. Can you help me here with a little more background? Thanks"
I'm thinking that this seller probably is not the original owner, that she found it somewhere and noticed the sticker in it, that she couldn't find it on the AG website and assumed it was a discontinued item.
I would also not be too quick to assume "counterfeit." It could be that someone got this 18-inch doll sized piano for their AG dolls and put the sticker there to make it look more "real" for their dolls. Claiming it to be an AG piano does not necessarily mean the seller is trying to put something over on anyone.
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Or the sticker got there on accident. I have had to peel them off my dresser, some of my clothes, on the walls. They stick to everything.Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
I would also not be too quick to assume "counterfeit." It could be that someone got this 18-inch doll sized piano for their AG dolls and put the sticker there to make it look more "real" for their dolls.
I haven't seen the auction, but could it be the Angelina Ballerina Piano which I believe was made by American Girl? - Meg B.
This is the picture in the auction (moderators, please delete if this is not allowed):
The seller says "The piano measures 9 1/2 inches at the widest part (keyboard), 12 inches in length, and approx. 8 1/2 inches in height."
<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 16, 2006 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's not the Angelina piano either. Dunno who made it.Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
This is the picture in the auction (moderators, please delete if this is not allowed):
I think one can safely say that is not a AG piano.
[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
Bookmarks